Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year
KB Home is one of the nation’s largest and most recognized home builders, having constructed thousands of new homes across 10 states in 2014. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Climate Communications recognition for its commitment to educating employees, leadership, stakeholders and customers about energy efficiency and the impacts of climate change. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Leading two major social media campaigns to educate consumers about simple ways we can all help reduce our carbon footprints through ENERGY STAR and KB Home.
- Hosting two high-profile media events for KB Home’s first Double ZeroHouse models in which students from local universities, officials from both the cities and state of California, trade partners, and journalists were in attendance.
- Partnering with Ford Motor Company, Whirlpool, and SunPower to promote the MyEnergiLifestyle initiative, which is focused on educating consumers about ways to reduce their carbon footprint with solar energy, electric vehicles, and energy efficient homes that protect the climate.
- Expanding its solar power initiative to offer solar power systems to all KB Home communities in Arizona and touting the benefits on consumers’ electricity bills and annual greenhouse gas emissions avoided, to help protect the climate.
- Completing its 3,000th solar powered home, touting the solar power systems at KB Home communities offset the production of more than 8,000 tons of carbon dioxide per year and protecting the climate.
- Garnering 822 media hits, with earned impressions of more than 704 million people, mainly as a sustainability home builder expert—focused on building 100 percent ENERGY STAR homes and protecting the climate.