Johnson & Johnson
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Partner of the Year
Johnson & Johnson is a global healthcare company, operating within the consumer, medical devices and pharmaceutical business segments, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. The company has established a robust global energy program that demonstrates the importance of energy management in achieving sustainability goals. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity by more than two percent at 46 sites in the United States and Puerto Rico, and by more than a 19.4 percent improvement since 2010.
- Investing $22 million in energy-related projects through its CO2 Capital Relief program that has cut energy use by 520 gigawatt hours, saved $75 million in energy costs, and avoided nearly 270,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually since 2004.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at two office buildings while enrolling its first manufacturing facilities in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
- Benchmarking and sharing best practices with other companies through the ENERGY STAR Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Focus and industrial partnership.
- Conducting three ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts that identified 111 opportunities with the potential to reduce one-third of annual energy costs while preventing nearly 12,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions on those properties.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR materials in communications to employees and external stakeholders to underscore the company’s commitment to energy management as a strategy for achieving sustainability goals.