Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
JLL is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying, and investing in real estate. JLL is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to driving energy savings across clients’ portfolios and communicating energy management successes with ENERGY STAR to its employees, tenants, and the community. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Reducing its average source weather normalized EUI by two-and-a-half percent and increasing its average ENERGY STAR score by more than one percent.
- Hosting a franchise ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings Competition for client UnitedHealth Group to reward site facility managers and operation engineers for improving the 1-100 ENERGY STAR scores in the buildings they manage. In the end, UnitedHealth Group saved more than $665,000 on its utility bills.
- Continuing to support ENERGY STAR initiatives, including benchmarking water use and efforts to expand the ENERGY STAR platform in the real estate brokerage community.
- Increasing awareness of energy efficiency among employees by promoting ENERGY STAR tools such as the Bring Your Green to Work toolkit and the Change a Light, Change the World campaign, and by entering three teams in the 2014 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Expanding the promotion of ENERGY STAR through high-level media placements, social media, thought leadership blog posts, public forums, discussions with high-ranking government officials, reports, presentations to clients, and consistent outreach to its employees, prospects, and tenants.