J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (J.C. Penney), is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, with approximately 1,000 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. J.C. Penney is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its notable corporate commitment to energy efficiency and its successful energy management program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for their first distribution center and 8 retail buildings in 2017, bringing the total number of stores that are ENERGY STAR certified to 537.
- Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for a new J.C. Penney Store in Brooklyn, NY.
- Training high school and college student interns to provide weekly operational reports that identify energy saving opportunities in the store.
- Continuing to engage employees through an energy management awareness program.
- Educating customers about ENERGY STAR acheivements through public announcements in stores.