Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Jamestown is a real estate investment management company. Jamestown improved its energy management program and implemented a new data tracking system, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools to help optimize energy use and improve efficiency in its buildings. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 11 buildings in 2020, representing two million square feet of real estate across the country.
- Improving the average portfolio ENERGY STAR Score from a 76 in 2019 to an 85 in 2020.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its office and mixed-use assets in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Implementing a real-time energy management system, centered on tracking data in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, across 16 buildings and three million square feet, with the goal of assisting building engineers in optimizing energy use and improving ENERGY STAR scores.
- Developing several initiatives that utilize ENERGY STAR Application Programming Interface (API) to sync calendarized data with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to allow property teams to better visualize monthly energy usage, evaluate seasonal impacts, and identify meters using high amounts of energy.