Partner of the Year
Jamestown is a real estate investment management company. Jamestown advanced strategic energy management by applying ENERGY STAR tools and resources to achieve a 5 percent weather-normalized source energy use intensity reduction for its portfolio over the past year. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for eight buildings in 2019.
- Improving the average portfolio ENERGY STAR score from a 74 to a 76 and reducing weather-normalized source energy use intensity by five percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its office and mixed-use assets in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Implementing an energy management system, centered on tracking data in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, across 16 buildings and 2.5 million square feet to track real-time energy data with the goal of assisting building engineers in optimizing energy use and improving their ENERGY STAR scores.
- Developing several initiatives that utilize or promote ENERGY STAR tools and resources including its Green Office Challenge for tenants, its Earth Day lobby events, internal trainings for staff on ENERGY STAR best practices, monthly and quarterly energy management updates for property teams and its annual Battle of the Buildings bootcamp modeled after the ENERGY STAR Building Competition.