Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
IREM is an international commercial real estate association for property and asset managers. IREM has continued to promote sustainability and energy efficiency within its trainings and certification programs, with a focus on utilizing the ENERGY STAR program to achieve significant energy reductions. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Advancing the IREM Certified Sustainable Property (CSP) program to include 179 new and 384 cumulative IREM CSPs by incorporating ENERGY STAR tools and resources and expanding into new asset types, including medical office and senior housing.
- Providing 100 hours of training for IREM CSP applicants, including how to benchmark in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Launching a new IREM CSP application platform that will include ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Web Services, which will help streamline data collection efforts as part of a multiyear development strategy.
- Sharing ENERGY STAR tools and resources through its local chapters and promoting relevant ENERGY STAR webinars through its e-newsletter distributed weekly to 40,000 email addresses.
- Reaching more than 680 real estate professionals with IREM courses that include instruction on ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Course topics include using the ENERGY STAR Utility Data Access Map, achieving whole-building benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and pursuing ENERGY STAR Certification.