Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Insitute of Real Estate Managers (IREM) is a professional association of 20,000 real estate managers dedicated to maximizing the value of investment real estate and promoting superior energy management through education and best practices. IREM is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its work to promote sustainability and energy efficiency within its trainings and certification programs, with a focus on utilizing the ENERGY STAR program as a means to achieve significant energy reductions. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Developing a new 30-minute online course, ‘Benchmarking Multifamily Properties,’ which instructs residential real estate professionals on using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to benchmark and track energy, water, and waste.
- Presenting the online course, ‘Accessing & Using Energy Data to Improve Property Operations,’, instructing commercial real estate professionals on accessing utility data, using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to benchmark and track resource consumption.
- Delivering workshops on energy management, including ENERGY STAR tools and resources, with IREM chapters, U.S. Green Building Council chapters, cities, the City Energy Project, and other partners.
- Offering the IREM Certified Property Manager credential course, ‘Managing Maintenance Operations & Property Risk,’ which includes instruction on ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Continuing to offer the IREM Certified Sustainable Property program, which encourages use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for benchmarking, awards points for minimum ENERGY STAR scores and use of ENERGY STAR products.
- Conducting the IREM Energy Efficiency Survey, which asks survey respondents about their energy management perceptions and practices, including use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.