Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Institute of Real Estate Managers (IREM®) is an international community of real estate managers, which includes 20,000 individuals and 570 corporate members, that seeks to maximize the value of investment real estate, and promotes superior energy management through education and information sharing. IREM is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its work to promote sustainability and energy efficiency within its trainings and certification programs, with a focus on utilizing the ENERGY STAR program to help achieve significant energy reductions. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources, such as ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, to meet requirements for the IREM Certified Sustainable Property certification program.
- Revising the CPM® (Certified Property Manager) Credential Course on managing maintenance operations and property risk to include information on ENERGY STAR certification and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Course attendance includes around 800 individuals annually.
- Developing trainings to foster action among building managers to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of buildings they manage, with a focus on using ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Hosting ENERGY STAR representatives at IREM conference sessions to discuss the benefits of program participation, features, and new developments.
- Sponsoring the 2016 Building Energy Summit® and 2016 Greenbuild, where it conducted outreach on programs that incorporated ENERGY STAR tools, such as training, and IREM Certified Sustainable Property certification.