Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Intertape Polymer Group, Inc. (IPG) manufactures tapes and packaging materials. In 2021, IPG achieved a 7.8% energy intensity reduction by leveraging ENERGY STAR® tools and resources. Key accomplishments in 2021 included:
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry for its Carbondale facility for the fifth time, making it the third plant to ever reach this milestone.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign by sharing the results of multiple energy treasure hunts that each identified substantial energy savings.
- Expanding the energy program and introducing ENERGY STAR resources to newly acquired facilities.
- Enhancing its corporate sustainability commitments by pledging to become net zero carbon by 2040.
- Implementing a new sustainability reporting platform to track utilities and greenhouse gas emissions and inform facility managers responsible for reducing energy consumption and emissions.