Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells a variety of paper and film-based tapes, films, protective packaging, engineered coated products, and complementary packaging systems. Intertape supported energy efficiency awareness and training internally and in local communities and conducted several plant treasure hunts including its first virtual manufacturing plant treasure hunt for energy savings. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Expanding its corporate energy management program to include recently acquired manufacturing sites while achieving a 6.8 percent reduction in energy intensity over 2019, contributing to energy savings equivalent to $6.4 million since 2009.
- Earning its first ENERGY STAR certification at a regional distribution center.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry for a manufacturing site by reducing energy intensity by more than 21 percent.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial network by sharing expertise and leading energy management discussion sessions at meetings.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign by sharing findings from energy treasure hunts.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR resources to its Manufacturing Leadership Council through tours and information sharing.