Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group Inc. (IPG) develops, manufactures and sells a variety of paper and film-based tapes, films, protective packaging, engineered coated products and complementary packaging systems. IPG reduced its energy intensity by 3.7 percent over 2018. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Sharing IPG's knowledge and experience on the importance of continuous energy improvement and the benefits of ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts through three stories in local and trade publications. IPG participated in the inaugural ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign.
- Supporting energy management in the community by conducting a Treasure Hunt for a local arts museum, where IPG engineers highlighted energy waste and advised on ways to reduce energy costs.
- Training engineers and aligning newly acquired manufacturing facilities in the IPG energy management system.
- Promoting energy awareness and ENERGY STAR tools in a regional energy management network and sharing best practices with other ENERGY STAR partners.
- Establishing long-term goals for energy intensity and carbon emissions reduction, increased use of renewable energy and additional environmental impacts.