Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group Inc. (IPG) is a developer and manufacturer of tapes, films, and packaging systems for industrial and retail use, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. IPG expanded energy efficiency activities across new acquisitions and existing facilities and promoted ENERGY STAR both internally and externally. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a one percent reduction in energy intensity to save over $500,000 in avoided energy costs and nearly $5.6 million since 2009.
- Engaging employees through ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts at three locations, raising the total number of employees who have participated to 183 and the energy saving opportunities to $1.8 million.
- Developing a “playbook” of best practices in energy management to enhance and sustain energy efficiency throughout operations.
- Working with local community leaders, businesses, and students to raise awareness about energy efficiency and support Certified Energy Manager training.
- Implementing a digital communications strategy to promote ENERGY STAR and energy accomplishments that resulted in 254,482 impressions and page views.