Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group, Inc. (IPG) is a leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of tapes, films, woven fabrics, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and consumer use across 12 production plants. IPG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continued efforts to strengthen and broaden its energy program throughout the corporation and for its active partnership with ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a five-percent reduction in energy intensity over 2015 that contributed to more than $3.6 million in savings since 2009.
- Opening a new plant designed to be significantly more energy efficient and have fewer environmental impacts than traditional tape manufacturing plants.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two plants, marking the tenth time an IPG facility has achieved this goal.
- Engaging and training 135 employees through energy treasure hunts that have identified more than $1.2 million in energy saving opportunities.
- Sharing best practices and mentoring ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Hosting an ENERGY STAR Showcase event that engaged the Danville, Virginia, community in energy management.