Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group, Inc. (IPG) is a manufacturer of tapes, films, woven fabrics, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and consumer use. The company operates 11 production plants and employs approximately 1,950 people. IPG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continued efforts to strengthen its energy program throughout the corporation and for its active partnership with ENERGY STAR. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a six-percent reduction in energy intensity over 2014 that contributed to more than $3 million in savings since 2009.
- Reducing 36,406 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions from energy savings.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry for a second time at its Danville, Virginia plant, marking the eighth time an IPG facility has achieved this goal.
- Using Energy Treasure Hunts and other energy program management best practices to identify over $490,000 in cost savings that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 3,565 metric tons.
- Sharing best practices with community organizations and facilitating an Energy Treasure Hunt at a local church.
- Continuing to build an energy manager network in Danville, Virginia to advance energy efficiency at local companies and to promote ENERGY STAR tools and resources.