Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Partner of the Year
Intertape Polymer Group (IPG) is a manufacturer of tapes, films, woven fabrics, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and consumer use. The company operates 10 production plants and employs approximately 1,800 people. IPG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for broadening its energy program throughout the corporation while strengthening its partnership with ENERGY STAR. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 2.5 percent in 2014 and by 24 percent since becoming an ENERGY STAR partner in 2009.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at its Carbondale facility for the second time, enabling IPG to avoid more than 34,000 metric tons of carbon emissions. Overall, six plants have achieved the 10 percent energy intensity reduction.
- Launching a sophisticated energy data management system to improve tracking and analysis of energy performance.
- Engaging plant staff through Energy Treasure Hunts and supporting energy champions to become Certified Energy Managers (CEM).
- Building a state-of-the-art tape manufacturing plant that will eliminate use of volatile organic compounds while operating more efficiently.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour by conducting an Energy Treasure Hunt at the Danville Boys & Girls Club to identify significant savings opportunities.
- Continuing to build a local energy manager network in Danville, Virginia to advance energy efficiency at local companies and to promote ENERGY STAR tools and resources.