Intertape Polymer Corporation
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Intertape Polymer Group (IPG) is a producer of paper and film based pressure sensitive and water activated tapes, polyethylene and polyolefin film, and complementary packaging systems. The company embodies energy management in the everyday activities of business. IPG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to use ENERGY STAR to improve the energy performance of its business. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by one percent over 2016. Since 2009, IPG has saved more than $5 million from energy management.
- Sharing energy management best practices with ENERGY STAR industrial partners to assist in energy benchmarking and encourage energy management.
- Integrating three newly acquired manufacturing plants into the corporate energy management program.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR resources to industry through numerous speaking engagements.
- Continuing to serve as a voice for energy efficiency and management in the Danville, Virginia community by leading a chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers and hosting training for new energy managers.
- Achieving the goals of the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry recognition at its Carbondale, Illinois plant three times, including in 2017 for an energy intensity reduction of 31 percent.