Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
IREM is an international commercial real estate association for property and asset managers. IREM has continued to promote sustainability and energy efficiency within its trainings and certification programs, with a focus on utilizing the ENERGY STAR program to achieve significant energy reductions. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Advancing the IREM Certified Sustainable Property (CSP) program to include 120 new and 608 cumulative IREM CSPs. This program widely incorporates ENERGY STAR tools and resources and supports real estate managers in benchmarking and resource efficiency.
- Launching development of its integration with ENERGY STAR Web Services for its CSP platform to enhance usability for program applicants and improve tracking of energy and water performance of properties as a portfolio.
- Continuing development of a CSP program for industrial properties, which will focus on refrigerated and non-refrigerated warehouses and logistics centers, and leverage ENERGY STAR tools and resources to track energy performance data.
- Offering an IREM certification course, “Managing Maintenance Operations and Property Risk,” to 435 IREM Certified Property Manager candidates, which includes content on leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources. This was launched in several delivery formats, including an instructor-led online format for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Working with Yardi Systems to release five of its existing online training products on Yardi Aspire, Yardi’s eLearning platform. These energy management courses cover ENERGY STAR tools and resources, as well as a case study on ENERGY STAR certification.