Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
IREM is an international organization of nearly 20,000 individuals united to advance the profession of real estate management through training, professional development, and collaboration, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. IREM has continued to promote sustainability and energy efficiency within its trainings and certification programs, with a focus on utilizing the ENERGY STAR program to achieve significant energy reductions. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Creating a new training certificate program that connects utilities with energy efficiency program participants in investment real estate and supports progress through Building Performance with ENERGY STAR. In the program, participants benchmark a building in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, develop an energy management policy and plan, participate in online training and live webinars, and begin participation in the utility energy efficiency program.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR tools and resources and developing new medical office and senior housing requirements for the IREM Certified Sustainable Property certification program, which had a soft launch in 2018.
- Conducting the IREM Energy Efficiency Survey to gain insights on energy management, including benchmarking with Portfolio Manager in the Class B/C office sector.
- Continuing to offer the IREM Certified Property Manager credential course, Managing Maintenance Operations & Property Risk, including instruction on ENERGY STAR tools and resources. The course had 395 completions in 2018 and 1,399 total completions since adding ENERGY STAR content in 2016.
- Continuing to offer online training on energy management and ENERGY STAR tools and resources, including how to benchmark with Portfolio Manager.