Institute for Market Transformation
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is a national nonprofit dedicated to increasing energy efficiency in buildings. In 2019, IMT expanded its integration and promotion of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, 1-100 ENERGY STAR scores, and ENERGY STAR certification for buildings. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Engaging additional energy utilities on providing whole-building data solutions to their customers toward making benchmarking easier for building owners and managers and yielding more accurate information.
- Creating new tools and resources for states and local governments, including implementing benchmarking initiatives that rely on ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, to support improvement and create greater consistency in the market around compliance.
- Updating its online education course for real estate brokers, which promotes the value of 1-100 ENERGY STAR scores and ENERGY STAR certification for buildings.
- Engaging the private sector through its Green Lease Leaders program and promoting the value of disclosing whole-building 1-100 ENERGY STAR scores to tenants.
- Organizing landlord-tenant workshops that created a feedback loop for ENERGY STAR for tenants.