Institute for Market Transformation
Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is a national nonprofit dedicated to increasing energy efficiency in buildings to save money, drive economic growth, and reduce pollution. IMT is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for promoting ENERGY STAR products, tools, and best practices. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Working with 20 cities through the City Energy Project to develop and implement building performance policies that utilize ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Launching the Landlord-Tenant Energy Partnership, partnering with 47 landlords and tenants to accelerate building energy performance in more than two million square feet of commercial building space using ENERGY STAR tools.
- Conducting several regional in-person trainings for brokers on the value of the ENERGY STAR program and subsequently adapting the course into an online training that is has been consistently named a top Better Buildings resource.
- Cohosting webinars and trainings with EPA experts to advise city sustainability leaders.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR in print and online publications and holding regular meetings with EPA to discuss avenues to build partnership.
- Serving as a trusted partner to the Urban Sustainability Directors Network on matters related to energy efficiency in buildings.