Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc.
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. (HPP) is a vertically integrated real estate company. HPP continued to grow its energy management program across its portfolio, utilizing ENERGY STAR® resources to achieve its carbon neutrality goals. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 55 properties.
- Benchmarking energy, water, and waste for 100% of its portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Hosting an energy competition with its engineering team, offering a prize pool of $150,000 to be split among the five teams who saved the most energy during the competition period in 2022. Teams were required to conduct an ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt in each of their buildings, resulting in 64 treasure hunts across the portfolio.
- Rolling out a new Energy Management & Climate Change Policy that formally documents expectations and best practices around energy efficiency, which includes many references to ENERGY STAR.
- Earmarking almost $9 million for efficiency-enhancing capital projects across about 20 million square feet of office buildings and studio lots. Examples of these projects include building management system upgrades, LED lighting retrofits, window film installation, and upgrades to HVAC equipment.
- Setting a series of new climate goals, including a science-based target to reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 50% by 2030, from a 2018 baseline.