Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc.
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. (HPP) is a vertically integrated real estate company. HPP continued to grow its energy management program across its portfolio, utilizing ENERGY STAR® resources to achieve its carbon neutrality goals. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 60 properties.
- Benchmarking energy, water, and waste for 100% of its portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Requiring all properties with an ENERGY STAR score below 75 to conduct an initial ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt to look for energy efficiency measures.
- Conducting a portfolio-wide Earth Week campaign through its tenant management platform featuring posts encouraging tenants to pursue ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition.
- Including a one-pager in its recruiting package to prospective employees on the sustainability goals of the organization, including those related to achieving ENERGY STAR certifications.
- Engaging with waste haulers to provide tonnage data instead of basic service pickups so that waste can be more accurately tracked in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.