Hudson Pacific Properties
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. (HPP) is a vertically integrated real estate company. HPP expanded benchmarking in 2019 to 100 percent data coverage of energy, water and waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for all office, retail and studio properties in the portfolio in the U.S. and Canada. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 47 properties in 2019.
- Improving the average portfolio ENERGY STAR score from a 75 to a 77 and reducing weather-normalized source energy use intensity by 2 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Recognizing and awarding teams at properties that have the largest improvement in ENERGY STAR score, hosting the best tenant engagement event, and having the largest reductions in energy, water and waste usage from 2018 to 2019.
- Expanding its external communication efforts by producing its first Corporate Responsibility Report, launching social media campaigns, engaging tenants and speaking at numerous industry events, all which highlight and promote its partnership and success with ENERGY STAR.
- Incorporating language into its standard leases which requires tenants to use ENERGY STAR Certified equipment, share energy information and support energy efficiency initiatives.