The Howe Corporation manufactures commercial ice making equipment and is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for Excellence in Product Design. Howe Corporation maintained ENERGY STAR certification on 80 percent of eligible automatic commercial ice makers, actively participated in efficiency criteria setting processes, and promoted the ENERGY STAR program through collaborative efforts with utilities and various marketing outlets. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Promoting ENERGY STAR to customers through comprehensive website, emails, social media posts, blog articles and trade show displays.
- Installing occupancy sensors in common areas, continuing to reduce energy usage from previous-year efforts to replace windows and lighting on the factory floor.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification of Howe’s first Ice Making Head.
- Working with program administrators to ensure Howe’s ENERGY STAR certified products were included in rebate programs and to promote these products in different regions.
- Promoting energy-efficient ENERGY STAR certified ice management systems that save customers energy and money through scheduled operation times.
- Implementing improvements to in-house testing facilities to reduce time-to-market for product improvements for ENERGY STAR certified products.