Houston Habitat For Humanity
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Construction
Since 1987, Houston Habitat for Humanity has grown to be among the largest and most productive of the 1,800 regional U.S. affiliates of Habitat for Humanity International. Houston Habitat for Humanity is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its outstanding work with partner families building simple, affordable ENERGY STAR certified new homes. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Building 22 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2014, for a total of more than 640 ENERGY STAR certified homes since 2001.
- Reducing electricity usage by nearly 397,000 kilowatt hours and carbon dioxide emissions by 484,000 pounds through the ENERGY STAR certified homes it has built since 2007.
- Constructing all its homes to meet the requirements of EPA’s ENERGY STAR, Indoor airPLUS, and WaterSense® programs.
- Saving owners of its ENERGY STAR certified homes $3,600 a year on their utility costs.
- Sharing its ENERGY STAR knowledge with other Habitat affiliates and educating homeowners on the proper operation and maintenance of their ENERGY STAR certified homes.