The Home Depot
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
With over 2,200 retail stores, The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer. The Home Depot is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for developing and implementing a new sales strategy that resulted in a significant increase in ENERGY STAR product sales. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Increasing year over year sales of key ENERGY STAR products by 13 percent for certified lighting, 76 percent for certified air purifiers, and 38 percent for the combined certified product categories: windows, doors, insulation, vent fans, water heaters, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Leading within the energy efficiency community, including full participation in the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and Retail Products Platform, with the goal of increasing partnerships with energy efficiency program sponsors.
- Quickly certifying new ENERGY STAR lighting products and highlighting them online, resulting in a four-percent increase in national sales.
- Promoting priority product categories with EPA during special promotions, such as insulation during EPA’s Rule Your Attic campaign.
- Highlighting ENERGY STAR products extensively through use of regional print advertising.