The Home Depot
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
With close to 2,000 retail stores in the United States, The Home Depot® is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer. The Home Depot is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for developing and implementing a new sales strategy that resulted in a significant increase in ENERGY STAR product sales. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Leadership within the energy efficiency community, including full participation in the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and Retail Products Platform, with the goal of increasing partnerships with energy efficiency program sponsors.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in high-profile general education and energy efficiency promotions throughout the year, including: Earth Day, Energy Awareness Month, and with links from Home Depot to ENERGY STAR on several areas of its website.
- Promoting priority product categories with EPA during special promotions, such as insulation during EPA’s Rule Your Attic campaign.
- Quickly qualifying new ENERGY STAR lighting products to sell to customers, resulting in a four-percent increase in national sales.
- Coordinating rebate offerings with local utilities in 48 states for ENERGY STAR products, resulting in approximately $310 million in incentives for customers.