Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm. Hines has maintained its strong corporate commitment to sustainability, continuing use of ENERGY STAR® tools and resources to promote energy efficiency with its stakeholders and setting portfolio-wide goals for carbon reduction. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 98 properties.
- Publishing a Green Bond Report available to all bond investors that details the allocation of green bond net proceeds to real estate projects that have received or are expected to receive applicable third-party green building certifications such as ENERGY STAR.
- Announcing a target of net-zero operational carbon in its building portfolio by 2040.
- Publishing an Embodied Carbon Reduction Guide to help define the standards around Environmental Product Declarations and openly released this to the benefit of the wider industry.
- Publishing its 11th annual sustainability report, which highlights the firm’s partnership with ENERGY STAR.