Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm. Hines has maintained its strong corporate commitment to sustainability, continuing use of ENERGY STAR® tools and resources to promote energy efficiency with its stakeholders. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 62 properties.
- Publishing its 10th annual sustainability report, which highlights the firm’s partnership with ENERGY STAR.
- Creating the ENERGY STAR Management Group to help lead ENERGY STAR strategy and initiatives. This team consists of engineering leaders from Hines’ central headquarters and every U.S. business region who have developed special networks with their engineering colleagues to support firm-wide energy conservation goals.
- Issuing 28 ENERGY STAR related press releases, distributed to an estimated audience of more than 4,000.
- Within its HinesGO program, expanding the interior office program to include tenants. The program draws on ENERGY STAR’s “Bring Your Green to Work” campaign and consists of a scoring system with seven categories. In the Energy Efficiency category, three points are awarded for purchasing ENERGY STAR appliances.