Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm. Hines has maintained its strong corporate commitment to sustainability, continuing use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to promote energy efficiency with its stakeholders. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 37 buildings in 2019.
- Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score across its portfolio from an 82 to an 85 from 2018 to 2019.
- Reducing its weather-normalized source energy use intensity by more than 4 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Utilizing the ENERGY STAR Interactive Utility Data Map to help identify which utilities provide aggregate whole building data for multifamily properties to assist in benchmarking efforts for this growing sector.
- Leveraging its Green Retail Program to encourage sustainability with its retail tenant spaces worldwide, which includes an energy efficiency scoring system that encourages the use of ENERGY STAR certified equipment.
- Continuing its HinesGO interior office tenant program, drawing on the ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work campaign, which currently has 643 tenants participating, representing more than 28 million square feet.