Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 that improves the quality of the built environment by creating healthy, resilient places for people to live and work; its portfolio currently includes more than 79 million square feet of real estate. Hines is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its corporate commitment to sustainability and continued use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to promote energy efficiency with stakeholders, clients, and tenants. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 219 buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, representing more than 79 million square feet of space.
- Earning ENERGY STAR Certification for 107 properties in 2017.
- Hosting its annual East Region ENERGY STAR Score Improvement Challenge to identify the property that increases its overall ENERGY STAR score the most as a percentage of initial score over a 12-month period, which is announced and promoted throughout the region.
- Publishing an employee magazine called HINESIGHT three times per year, which includes a “Green Seen” section that highlights progress in sustainable initiatives, including ENERGY STAR activities.
- Expanding on its HinesGO® program and Green Office program to include office tenants, which draws on ENERGY STAR’s Bring Your Green to Work campaign with a scoring system in seven sustainability categories.
- Participating as a Charter Tenant in the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space pilot program with its East Region Office and Midwest Region Office.