Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hines is a privately owned international real estate firm whose current property and asset management portfolio includes 483 properties, representing over 199 million square feet. Hines is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued expansion and success of its corporate energy management initiatives, and for the ongoing use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to promote energy efficiency to clients, tenants, and employees. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a reduction in annual energy use of two percent over 2015—even with a portfolio-wide average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 86.
- Benchmarking 227 buildings, representing over 80 million square feet, using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and receiving ENERGY STAR certification for 114 properties in 2016.
- Building on the success of the Hines GREEN OFFICE® (HinesGO®) program by expanding the program to include tenants. To date, Hines has worked with 774 tenants to designate more than 28 million square feet in the United States as Green Office space. The program incorporates the ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work campaign and consists of a scoring system with seven categories.
- Administering the Hines GREEN RETAIL Program, which encourages sustainability in retail tenant space worldwide, and gives tenants and their employees the opportunity to lead the effort in setting the standard for sustainability.
- Continuing to administer a company-wide best practices program to identify and promote innovation by operations, engineering, design, and construction staff, with five new best practices approved in 2016.