Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hines is a privately owned international real estate firm committed to engaging the best leaders and innovators in the industry. Hines is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued expansion and success of its corporate energy management initiatives, and for the ongoing use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to promote energy efficiency to clients, tenants, and employees. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a reduction in annual energy use of nearly 1.5 percent over 2014—even with a portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score of 85.
- Benchmarking all of its more than 230 managed properties, representing more than 86 million square feet, and earning ENERGY STAR certification for 145 of these buildings.
- Leveraging the success of the Hines GREEN OFFICE® (HinesGO®) program to reach beyond office properties and engage retail tenants through the Hines GREEN RETAIL program, which incorporates the ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work campaign.
- Administering a company-wide Best Practices program to identify and promote innovation by operations, engineering, design, and construction staff, with 10 new best practices approved in 2015.
- Adopting an internal competition model to drive building performance improvements within regional operating groups.