Partner of the Year
HCP is a healthcare real estate investment trust with a portfolio of properties in senior housing, life science, medical offices, and hospitals. HCP is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of Year recognition for its commitment to energy management, incorporation of ENERGY STAR into communications, and outstanding achievement in earning ENERGY STAR certification. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 18 senior care communities, five offices, two multi-family properties, and one mixed use facility, for a total of 76 certified buildings since 2008.
- Implementing light-emitting diode (LED) lighting retrofits, retro-commissioning, smart-building projects, and other operational improvements to reduce its average annual source energy intensity by 2.5 thousand British thermal units (kBtu) per square foot, a reduction of over 19 million kBtu across all properties.
- Achieving an average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 62 across its portfolio, representing a 16-percent energy use reduction since 2007.
- Educating employees, residents, investors, and the general public about the ENERGY STAR partnership through its website, annual report, conferences, and awards program.
- Supporting a survey to collect detailed energy and water use data from hospitals and medical offices to update ENERGY STAR scoring models.