ENERGY STAR Promotion
Hawai'i Energy is a utility serving the State of Hawai'i and is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for Excellence in Promotion. Hawai'i Energy demonstrated commitment to promoting ENERGY STAR through robust participation in ENERGY STAR Day, with outreach events and direct marketing and social media, reaching millions of Hawai'i consumers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Facilitating an ENERGY STAR Day television morning show blitz and featuring the ENERGY STAR label during several appearances throughout the year on local lifestyle programs.
- Sponsoring the locally-written play by the Honolulu Theatre for Youth, a children's musical aimed at teaching audiences more about energy in Hawai'i in a fun, interactive way. The musical featured an ENERGY STAR song, and a recorded music video of the song with their mascot, Pluggy.
- Actively participating in energy fairs and community outreach events distributing hundreds of informational handouts and featuring educational energy-saving activities including demonstrations of ENERGY STAR certified product savings.
- Distributing emails to 160,000 island residents promoting ENERGY STAR Day and utilizing content from the ENERGY STAR Day toolkit to highlight key reasons to choose ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Regularly posting on social media to promote ENERGY STAR certified products and related content, such as Flip Your Fridge, Laundry Made Better, and other ENERGY STAR product promotions, including those for room air-conditioning, water heaters, smart thermostats, lighting, and pool pumps.
- Commissioning a microsite, EfficiencyUnlocked.org, featuring ENERGY STAR certified products and energy-saving tips that encourages visitors to learn about saving energy by taking a virtual tour of a home.