Winston Salem, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hanesbrands Inc. is a manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of everyday apparel. In 2020, the company launched new sustainability goals and prioritized energy savings projects, which helped deliver a greenhouse gas reduction of 15,023 MTCO2e and reached a renewable energy portfolio of 48.6 percent. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Announcing new sustainability goals for 2030, including a commitment to achieve an additional 25 percent energy reduction and utilize 100 percent renewable electricity.
- Elevating sustainability by establishing the company’s first formal chief sustainability officer, an enhanced sustainability task force, and a comprehensive sustainability website that includes references to ENERGY STAR.
- Selling more than 60 million underwear and sock products featuring Hanesbrands’ partnership with ENERGY STAR.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR through 821 million impressions, bringing the company’s total to more than 6 billion.
- Strengthening the energy management program through worldwide energy treasure hunts and an expanded supplier engagement platform from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.