Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hanesbrands Inc. is a manufacturer of everyday basic apparel. In 2019, the company reduced energy intensity by 4.6 percent, generated 1.5 billion ENERGY STAR brand impressions and saved $3.1 million through its energy management program. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Engaging process engineers and reducing thermal energy use by 7.3 percent at the company's largest fabric manufacturing plant through optimized manufacturing processes.
- Modifying existing production configurations and locations to the most energy advantageous formats in an ongoing effort to improve manufacturing.
- Expanding its energy management program to include over 85 locations in 23 countries, which incorporates recent acquisitions and three contract fabric suppliers.
- Hosting its fifth annual energy and sustainability summit, where facility managers, engineers and senior executives discussed the business case for energy management and ENERGY STAR, and participants were provided with continuing education.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for its corporate office building for 11 consecutive years and locating $1.5 million in energy savings through nine treasure hunts that were reported as part of the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign.