Winston Salem, NC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
HanesBrands is a marketer of everyday basic apparel with 68,000 employees manufacturing and distributing its brands, including: Hanes, Champion, DIM, Maidenform, Bali, Playtex and Bonds. The company is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition as its global energy management program continues to grow and extend its influence worldwide by encouraging people to act sustainably. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by three percent, equal to an annual energy cost avoidance of $2.3 million. Since 2007, energy intensity has improved 23.7percent, avoiding an energy expenditure of $223 million.
- Implementing projects to increase the utilization of biomass, develop wastewater sludge to energy capabilities, recover wastewater heat, relight 10 facilities with LEDs and reduce boiler blowdown through reverse osmosis to save more than $10.9 million annually.
- Collaborating with EPA to promote ENERGY STAR to the company’s U.S. and global markets by enhancing its multi-media communications campaign, achieving 913 million ENERGY STAR brand impressions. Since 2007, Hanesbrands has generated more than four billion brand impressions.
- Engaging its energy and sustainability network through summits at its U.S. headquarters and sites in Europe and Asia to increase employee engagement, build sustainable action and promote ENERGY STAR.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR network of industrial partners to share energy management best practices and learn from others.