Winston Salem, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Hanesbrands Inc. is a leading marketer of everyday basic apparel under multiple apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, and Playtex. Hanesbrands is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the company’s continued efforts in sustainability and energy management as the company expanded its operations through acquisitions. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Accomplishing more than a five-percent reduction in energy use compared to 2015, bringing the company’s total energy improvement to more than 30 percent since 2007.
- Integrating newly acquired facilities located across multiple continents into the company’s energy management program.
- Implementing 223 projects identified through energy treasure hunts, yielding nearly $2 million in energy savings.
- Implementing a multimedia communications strategy to inform people through 655 million media impressions about energy management and ENERGY STAR.
- Developing long range energy plans that identify strategic projects to help Hanesbrands achieve its 2020 goal of a 40-percent reduction in carbon emissions intensity, 50-percent reduction in water use intensity, and 40-percent increase in renewable energy use.