Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver, a nonprofit, affordable home builder and volunteer organization, constructed 31 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2022, for a total of more than 360 homes since joining the program in 2002. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Continuing to serve as an example to local market rate builders that constructing all homes to be ENERGY STAR certified is achievable and helps make homeownership more affordable and equitable.
- Teaching each new homeowner how to maximize their home's energy efficiency during end-of-build walk-throughs, where construction staff review the home’s ENERGY STAR features with the homeowner.
- Collaborating with its energy rating company to provide frequent on-site training to its all-volunteer construction crews on proper construction methods and practices.
- Ensuring that all ENERGY STAR requirements are met for each new home through weekly meetings and internal training of all construction field staff.
- Planning to enhance its home designs to be Zero Energy Ready, beginning in 2023.