Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is a builder of energy efficient affordable homes receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver has demonstrated continued leadership in building affordable, energy-efficient homes for more than 15 years, constructing over 40 homes in 2018, for a total of more than 270 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Advancing efforts to teach homeowners how to live in and maintain their ENERGY STAR certified homes, including end-of-build partner family walk throughs, where homeowners learn about the energy-saving features of their homes and ways to save even more on their energy bills.
- Collaborating with home energy rating companies to educate field staff about opportunities to continually improve construction methods and practices, resulting in better-built, more energy-efficient homes.
- Educating the community about the importance of ENERGY STAR as part of its volunteer build events.
- Hosting construction site tours for donors and sponsors to see how homes are built, including how they meet the ENERGY STAR program requirements
- Beginning to construct panelized walls systems in a self-run production warehouse to incorporate advanced framing techniques and reduce mistakes in the field.