Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver has been building high-quality homes in partnership with low-income families for nearly 40 years. The organization is committed to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR® certified homes and has been an ENERGY STAR partner for more than 15 years. Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in building affordable, energy-efficient homes. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Constructing a total of 229 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program.
- Using community volunteers, in addition to contractors, to build ENERGY STAR certified homes in a sustainable fashion.
- Advancing efforts to teach homeowners how to live in and maintain their ENERGY STAR certified homes. Each home has an end-of-build partner family walk through where homeowners also learn ways to save on their energy bills.
- Collaborating with their Home Energy Rater to teach the field staff to continually improve methods and practices, thus building better homes.
- Building all homes with energy-efficient lighting, ENERGY STAR certified appliances, and tankless water heaters.