Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver has been building high-quality homes in partnership with low-income families for 36 years. Its partnership with ENERGY STAR® began nearly 14 years ago and continues to evolve and grow. Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in providing the benefits of energy efficiency to low-income families by building ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Constructing 28 ENERGY STAR certified homes for a cumulative total of 190, as well as making critical energy efficiency improvements and repairs to 31 additional homes.
- Building homes meeting the combined requirements of EPA’s Indoor airPLUS, WaterSense, and ENERGY STAR programs.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR certified homes and partnership in all major marketing efforts including print media, onsite displays, its website and social media accounts, and in Behind the Build home tours for major donors and sponsors.
- Educating more than 15,000 volunteers about ENERGY STAR construction practices, conducting 20 ENERGY STAR training sessions for all construction staff and subcontractors, and providing 31 post-sale ENERGY STAR training sessions to homeowners.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR requirements into their normal construction practices.