Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, an affordable home builder and volunteer organization, built nearly 60 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2019, for a total of over 500 since joining the program in 2006, saving low-income homeowners approximately $13.5 million in energy bill costs over the life of their mortgages. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Training more than 7,000 volunteers on how to correctly install insulation, air seal windows and doors, and implement other ENERGY STAR-recommended building practices.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR to the more than 1,500 volunteers at the 2019 Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project while building 21 ENERGY STAR certified homes at the event.
- Informing volunteers, homeowners and local code officials about the value of ENERGY STAR certified homes and promoting the ENERGY STAR program to other Habitat affiliates.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certification in all collateral materials, including online, brochures, letterhead, build signs, social media, press and events.
- Wirelessly monitoring major electrical circuits in completed ENERGY STAR certified homes to ensure ongoing performance and identify areas for future improvement.