Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, an affordable home builder and volunteer organization, built nearly 60 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2019, for a total of over 500 since joining the program in 2006, saving low-income homeowners approximately $13.5 million in energy bill costs over the life of their mortgages. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Training more than 7,000 volunteers on how to correctly install insulation, air seal windows and doors, and implement other ENERGY STAR-recommended building practices.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR to the more than 1,500 volunteers at the 2019 Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project while building 21 ENERGY STAR certified homes at the event.
- Informing volunteers, homeowners and local code officials about the value of ENERGY STAR certified homes and promoting the ENERGY STAR program to other Habitat affiliates.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certification in all collateral materials, including online, brochures, letterhead, build signs, social media, press and events.
- Wirelessly monitoring major electrical circuits in completed ENERGY STAR certified homes to ensure ongoing performance and identify areas for future improvement.