Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville builds energy-efficient afforable homes across four counties in Tennesee and has been an ENERGY STAR® partner since 2006. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program and for promoting ENERGY STAR to other Habitat affiliates. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Building a total 448 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program.
- Training more than 750 volunteers on how to correctly install insulation, air seal windows and doors, and implement other ENERGY STAR building practices. Cumulatively, more than 6,000 volunteers have received on-site training.
- Collaborating with Home Energy Raters, providers, and code officials on improved building practices.
- Presenting its ENERGY STAR program implementation strategy and best practices at the Habitat Global Conference, to more than 1,300 affiliates in the United States and abroad.
- Participating in a pilot program to evaluate for occupant energy usage using wireless monitoring to identify areas to target for future improvement.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certification in all collateral materials, as well as online, in press, brochures, letterhead, build signs, social media, and events, seen by more than 15,000 volunteers, sponsors, social media partners and website visitors annually.