Gresham-Barlow School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Gresham-Barlow School District is one of the largest school districts in Oregon, serving more than 12,000 students. The district uses ENERGY STAR® tools to model Excellence in Resource Conservation in Educational Facilities throughout Oregon and nationally. Gresham-Barlow School District is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its long-standing commitment to energy efficiency. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining a portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score of 95 in 2017.
- Saving more than $14.5 million since first implementing its multifaceted energy management approach in 2004.
- Passing a successful $291 million school construction bond using ENERGY STAR marketing materials to promote and explain energy efficiency efforts to the community.
- Utilizing Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR and Portfolio Manager for design projects to design high performing school facilities.
- Implementing a “Shutdown with ENERGY STAR” plan and school checklist to ensure sure all facilities are shutdown properly during long weekends and breaks.
- Providing leadership by working with other school districts to help them understand how EPA’s ENERGY STAR tools and resources can help reduce energy use and costs in their own districts.