Gresham-Barlow School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Gresham-Barlow School District is one of the largest school districts in Oregon, serving approximately 12,000 students across 19 schools. Gresham-Barlow School District is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to energy efficiency in partnership with the ENERGY STAR program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Recertifying all 18 of the school buildings that were eligible to receive ENERGY STAR certification.
- Saving more than $1.5 million in its most recent 12-month performance period, for a total of more than $14.5 million saved since first implementing its multifaceted energy management approach in 2004.
- Earning recognition from EPA for achieving an average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 97 across the district’s portfolio of buildings in 2016.
- Implementing a “Shutdown with ENERGY STAR” plan and school checklist, which is used to make sure all facilities are shutdown properly during long weekends and breaks.
- Involving maintenance staff, teachers, principals, students, parents, and the community in energy management efforts, and mobilizing the entire district’s staff and faculty to prepare each school for energy conservation during summer break.
- Introducing wrapped maintenance and courier vehicles (moving billboards) with messages about the district’s energy savings.