Green Team LI
Holbrook, New York
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - Contractor of the Year
Green Team Long Island (LI) is a home performance company. Green Team LI helped the state of New York develop and share best practices for contractors during the COVID-19 pandemic using videos, educational materials, and online training, and completed nearly 400 weatherization, heat pump and solar installations. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Utilizing a combination of video conferencing, satellite images, photos by homeowners, and new technologies to develop remote and low-touch methods for home energy audits and assessments, a practice likely to become permanent.
- Developing a “Remote Audit Challenge” that provides grant funds to approximately a dozen companies statewide, at the request of state officials.
- Participating in a state-sponsored pilot program focused on Home Energy Score and Pearl Certification.
- Retooling its marketing program by focusing on low-touch engagement opportunities, including online contests, mailers, and community-based webinars that leveraged ENERGY STAR programs.
- Developing a charity-based program to highlight the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program while also generating charitable donations.
- Converting a ten-unit co-op in New York City from oil steam to a high efficiency air-source heat pump system, part of a case study on how buildings in New York City can be electrified.