Grede Holdings LLC
Partner of the Year
Grede Holdings LLC is a manufacturer of iron castings for the automotive, heavy truck, and industrial markets with foundries and machining operations in the United States and Mexico. As a medium sized manufacturer, Grede has proven that energy management can be effectively implemented in a business of its type and in the facilities it operates. Grede is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for the growth of its robust energy management program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Improving the energy intensity of its operations by six percent since 2012 and more than one percent over 2015.
- Completing 284 efficiency projects for $887,000 in savings, including the installation of an energy monitoring system that reports manufacturing conditions for 14 locations for remote management.
- Speaking before the entire U.S. casting industry at Cast Expo about energy management and how ENERGY STAR can help other casters to reduce costs and improve energy efficiency.
- Requiring all plants to implement relevant energy efficiency opportunities from the ENERGY STAR Energy Guide for Metal Casting.
- Taking the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at 13 Grede plants.
- Mentoring ENERGY STAR manufacturing partners by assisting them in their development of their energy programs.